When questioned as to if the Halo: The Master Chief Collection would feature a sandbox mode that mixed the maps from all the Halo games together, 343 Industries said, at its Rooster Teeth Expo panel, that “the games will play as the original played, so you won’t be able to apply one sandbox to another. But, you will be able to enjoy the games as they existed.”
Uncharted: A Thief’s End runs in 1080p said Naughty Dog–with the developer targeting 60 frames per second.
In addition, the developer revealed that the trailer shown at Sony’s press conference was indeed completely in-game.
“As you can see, the visual fidelity for our character models will reach new heights,” said community strategist Eric Monacelli. “In fact, thanks to the power of PS4, right now Drake’s Uncharted 4 model is over double the polygons of Joel from The Last of Us PS3.”
Uncharted: A Thief’s End launches in 2015 exclusively on PlayStation 4.
The Madden NFL 15 cover athlete has been revealed; Seattle Seahawks cornerback Richard Sherman.
Sherman, who is the third defensive player to grace the cover, beat out Carolina Panthers quarterback Cam Newton in the final ballot of the Madden NFL cover vote.
“Winning the cover is a kid’s dream come true,” Sherman told ESPN. “I would never be in the position without my fellow Legion of Boom members and teammates.”
In addition to revealing Sherman as the cover athlete, EA also released the first gameplay video of Madden NFL 15. Continue reading
Activision Blizzard Inc plans to invest $500 million in the development and advertisement of Destiny, the latest project from Halo franchise creators Bungie.
When speaking at the Milken Conference in Los Angeles last week, CEO Bobby Kotick told those on hand that his company is spending $500 million on Bungie’s next franchise. “If you’re making a $500 million bet you can’t take that chance with someone else’s IP,” said Kotick. “The stakes for us are getting bigger.”
Destiny, scheduled for release in September, will have a budget that dwarfs those of Hollywood blockbusters such as Transformers: Dark of the Moon.
Respawn Entertainment have detailed the first patch for Titanfall. The patch is currently active.
Balancing adjustments and general changes
- The damage indicator from Electric Smoke is now much more noticeable
- Search Drones will now show up in Classic Modes of Angel City
- Arc grenade/mine effects no longer draw on friendly Pilots and Titans
- Lowered the point value of defensive actions in Hardpoint mode and CTF.
- Increased the score limit in Attrition
- Flag Return points reduced
- Flag Carrier killed points reduced
- Explosives detonated by Dead Man’s Trigger are now slightly delayed
- Explosives detonated by Dead Man’s Trigger now play a warning sound before exploding
- Slightly decreased the damage of the Smart Pistol when not locked onto a Pilot
- Slightly decreased the hip-fire accuracy of the Smart Pistol
- Certain Burn Cards could be exploited to give multiple uses
- Evac Dropships are now more responsive to Pilots entering them
- Hacking a Mega Turret will now restore it’s health to full
- Cluster Missiles damage reduced against Evac Dropships
- Titan could become stuck in the position he lands in
- Auto-Titan wouldn’t stand up until you embarked into it
- Several rare server issues restarting the game in to the lobby
- Pilot could end up out of bounds while rodeoing a Titan as it is destroyed
- Pilot could warp through certain locations when jumping off a Titan
- Rodeoing a Titan that has been doomed by your SMR could kill you
- Players being able to enter some geometry in Smuggler’s Cove
- Titanfall will now give proper kill credit when it kills a Pilot embarking into their Titan
- Minions in Attrition now continue to spawn until the Epilogue begins
- Player couldn’t hack a Mega Turret console
- Server would sometimes error when leeching a Spectre
- Hardpoints sometimes awarded defense score to players not near the hardpoint
- Rare issue when ejecting from a Titan
- Server would sometimes error after a match while returning to the lobby
- Double XP burn card sometimes not being applied properly
Adult Swim have announced a new cartoon series from The Boondocks creator Aaron McGrder entitled Black Jesus.
The series will star Gerald “Slink” Johnson from Grand Theft Auto V as Black Jesus, as well as co star Charlie Murphy, Corey Holcomb and John Witherspoon from Are We There Yet, The Cleveland Show and Friday respectively.
Black Jesus, a present day live-action comedy, finds Jesus living in Compton, Calif., on a daily mission to spread love and kindness throughout the neighborhood with the help of his small but loyal group of downtrodden followers.
PlayStation Software Product Development head Scott Rohde recently sat down with IGN to talk about Driveclub’s progress.
“What I will say is that it all comes back to that fundamental principle, and that’s that we want to build great games,” Rohde said. “And we really don’t want to release a game before it’s ready. And sometimes, this happens in the normal course of business, where we think we’re on track to deliver what we think is going to be a great game, and when we get closer, we realize that we’d be doing everyone a disservice if we shipped it before it was ready.”
“So, I think that at PlayStation, perhaps more than at other places, we’re willing to kinda eat that [cost],” Rohde continued, “and go back to the drawing board and make sure the game is great before we ship it. And that’s what’s going on right now with that game.”
When questioned about the games release date, Rohde said, “We’re not announcing any specifics on that yet.”