Nintendo centralizes, blending hardware development
Nintendo is centralizing its hardware development. According to a Nikkei report, Nintendo plans to merge both its console and handheld divisions into one with the investment of $340 million in a new Kyoto development facility.
The structural shift is intended to speed up hardware development on both sides, and introduce a mechanism that will allow both the 3DS and WiiU to coexist in the same space.
- October 6, 2008 Capcom’s Mega Man 9 DLC Coming This Week
- March 14, 2009 Wii To Get ‘Resident Evil Classics’
- June 24, 2010 Nintendo To Make “Serious” 3DS Titles
- May 30, 2008 Nintendo Mum On Wii Storage Solution
- July 14, 2008 E3 08: Wiimote Improved, Wii MotionPlus
- June 1, 2008 Wario Land Wii Detailed
- April 13, 2008 New One Piece: Unlimited Cruise Screenshots
- July 11, 2008 Rumor: Disaster: Day of Crisis Playable At E3?
- January 8, 2013 Nintendo announces Pokémon X and Y for 3DS
- January 3, 2009 Nintendo To Launch Wii TV