Kojima Productions developing new Metal Gear Online title
At his Eurogamer Expo development session, director Hideo Kojima hinted at the possibility of a new Metal Gear Online title being developed at the Kojima Productions Los Angeles studios.
Kojima said that Kojima Productions LA would be handling the online end of Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes, which leads itself to being another Metal Gear Online installment.
Metal Gear Online was originally the online multiplayer component of Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots. However, besides its popularity in Japan, the mode didn’t achieve much success here in the West.
- July 3, 2008 MGS 4 Not Really A System Seller In Japan
- July 3, 2008 Qore Episode 2 Features Resistance 2
- September 2, 2012 PAX Prime 2012: Kojima Details Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes
- June 1, 2009 E3 ’09: Metal Gear Solid: Rising Confirmed For 360
- November 4, 2008 Metal Gear Online Is One Million Strong
- December 24, 2008 Hideo Kojima Is Working On Two New Games
- December 13, 2008 Kojima Working On FPS Metal Gear?
- May 23, 2008 Rumor Smashed: No MGS4 90 Minute Cut-Scene
- April 15, 2008 Finally, Metal Gear Online Beta Details
- November 4, 2008 Konami: “No Plans” For MGS4 Expansion