Bayonetta Pushed Into 2010, “Important New IP For Sega”
Yet another anticipated fall release has been delayed. Early this morning, SEGA announced that Bayonetta, the over-the-top action brawler from Platinum Games, has been pushed into next year.
However, while the Japanese version of Bayonetta manages to keep its October release date, the western version Bayonetta will release in January 2010, almost two months from its original release date in November.
“Bayonetta is an extremely important new IP for Sega and adds a new level of depth to our growing portfolio,” said Sega West president Mike Hayes.
“As a result of marketing analysis we have taken a publishing decision that January 2010 is the optimum release time in the Western Markets to maximize this exciting new title’s potential.”
- January 8, 2013 Bayonetta director Hideki Kamiya bashes Kotaku
- April 14, 2009 Bayonetta Out Fall 2009 Worldwide [Updated]
- September 13, 2012 Platinum Games developing Bayonetta 2 for Wii U
- October 20, 2009 Bayonetta Gets Awarded With Perfect Score From Famitsu [Updated]
- March 4, 2010 Platinum Developing Vanquish With PS3 As Lead SKU
- January 20, 2009 MadWorld Allowed In Australia, Yea…
- May 27, 2008 SEGA Purchases New Unreal Engine 3 License
- February 21, 2009 MadWorld Co-Op Multiplayer Revealed
- June 16, 2009 Midway Newcastle Reveals New IP, Necessary Force
- December 21, 2009 BioWare Speaks on The Decline of JRPGs